Climbing involves risk and it has dangers. In fact, the sense of risk is part of the excitement of rock climbing. The key is in controlling those risks.
We at Bliss take safety very seriously, and we would ask you to do the same. For that reason, no one is allowed in the climbing area without first signing a waiver, and all who use any equipment must first pass our safety checklist. Please review these very carefully to make sure that you understand these risks. If you have any questions, ask a staff member.
We emphasize personal responsibility, and we want to train you and your family to be safety conscious climbers. Numerous classes are available throughout the week to learn such skills as belaying, knot tying, lead climbing, spotting techniques, and use of our state of the art auto-belays. However, your safety is ultimately your responsibility, so please, always ask if you are unsure of any use of equipment or technique.
All of our equipment is checked on a regular schedule, and our flooring is padded to help diminish injuries. If you ever notice any defective equipment, please report it to staff immediately.
To help promote a fun environment with a minimum of risks, we have rules. Follow this link to review them. It is your responsibility to know these and observe them. Failure to do so could result in being asked to leave our facility.
Finally, have fun, smile often, be courteous of others, and never stop following your bliss.
- Every person entering the climbing area of Bliss Climbing and Fitness must first sign our waiver. It is your responsibility to read and understand this waiver. Anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen) must have a parent or legal guardian also sign their waiver. Everyone must check in at front desk each time before entering the climbing area.
- Each person is responsible for his or her own safety and the safety of those around them. Please do not walk under others who are climbing or bouldering. Do not distract belayers or spotters. When you are climbing, be aware of who is below you or in your fall zone and communicate clearly with your spotter or belayer any dangers.
- No running, pushing, or horseplay in any part of the gym.
- Anyone in the gym under the age of 14 (fourteen) years of age must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- NO ONE under the age of 14 (fourteen) years is permitted to use any of the training equipment or structures in the training room.
- NO ONE under the age of 9 (nine) years are allowed to top-out (the area you stand) in the bouldering room.
- NO ONE is allowed to belay without first passing our belay certification, or Lead Belay without first passing our lead climbing certification. If you ask someone to belay you, it is your responsibility to assure that they have passed these requirements.
- NO ONE under the age of 12 (twelve) years may top rope belay and NO ONE under the age of 16 (sixteen) may lead climb or lead belay unless they are a member of our climbing team or SCS (Sport Climbing Series) members.
- NO ONE is allowed to use an auto-belay without first being instructed on its use.
- All belayers must stand while belaying. Sitting or lying down is not permitted while belaying.
- Cussing and foul language are not appropriate in the gym. Please control your tongue.
- It is your responsibility to report any loose holds, damaged equipment or any other hazard that you deem dangerous immediately to a staff member. Do not attempt to tighten loose holds or fix any equipment
- If you bring your own equipment, it is your responsibility to make sure it is in safe, working order. Only commercially manufactured equipment in good working order is allowed in the gym. Bliss Climbing and Fitness reserves the right to deny use of any equipment that we deem does not meet these standards.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are not allowed on the premises of Bliss Climbing and Fitness.
- Climbers may only wear climbing shoes when climbing. Barefoot climbing is not allowed.
- No shoes, no shirts, no sends.
- Shoes used for climbing must be removed before entering bathrooms or locker rooms. After using toilets, please wash hands before returning to climbing wall.
- Headphones and ear buds must be removed while rope climbing or belaying.
- Only Bliss staff are permitted to offer instruction.
- Climbing is allowed only on our climbing walls and training structures.
- Chalk balls only. No loose chalk allowed in the gym.
- Please report any blood or other bodily fluids in the gym immediately to staff.
- If you have any questions about any of these rules, or spot others breaking them, please talk to our staff.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in temporary or permanent expulsion from Bliss Climbing and Fitness.