Have a passion for fitness and adventure?
You may be who we are looking for to join our team!
Positions we are hiring for:
- Manage and motivate staff to ensure that they are performing to their fullest potential.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Set goals and objectives for the team and ensure that they are met.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor team performance and provide feedback and support.
- Develop plans to address any issues or problems that arise.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
· Defining Bliss’ brand and operating standards and building viable business systems to maintain a high value of standards
· Performing and overseeing personnel management functions including, hiring, training, promoting, disciplining, terminating, evaluating performances, and providing feedback
· Mentor Staff to maintain professional development and growth
· Inventory, adhering to monthly ordering, timeline and budgets
· Ensure a high level of customer service
· Supervise and assist with goals and projections
· Ensure the facilities are adhering to Risk Management, Loss Procedures and Safety Protocols
· Develop and delegate recommended improvements and operating standards of facility and cleanliness of facilities
· Help facilitate all other functions of operations as delegated by owners
· Must be able to work flexible scheduled dependent on the needs of the business
· Must be able and willing to rock climb in order to manage the rock climbing department and safety protocols of the climbing gyms
· Qualified candidates must have leadership ability as a manager with 2-3 years of management experience.
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Excellent Customer Service experience
· Effective time management skills
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Rock climbing experience is preferred
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· CPR/First Aid, CWI, AMGA or similar certifications highly desired
Job Type: Full-time
As a General Staff member, you are the face of Bliss. You’ll have face-to-face interaction with our guest and members while providing exceptional service. General Staff offer a very important role in monitoring safety in the climbing area by offering orientation training to new climbers and doing climb area checks. This position also includes front desk checkins, store sales, gym cleaning, and more. Opportunity to become a CWA certified Climbing Wall Instructor available as well.
Job Type: Part Time
Ideal candidates would be equally passionate about climbing as they are about kids and able to commit to 75 % of team practices. (Team meets Monday- Thursday evenings.) Some coaching experience or work with kids is preferred. Having extensive knowledge of climbing technique and terminology is needed, along with the ability to properly communicate and teach those techniques to youth team members. Candidate would also need to pass a lead belay test and a background check. Must be 21 or older. CWI, and CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 30-days of hire.
Job Type: Part Time with the ability to turn into full time through route setting, training and helping out with general staff duties occasionally.
As a Routesetter, you are responsible for creating an enjoyable experience on the wall for climbers of all experience levels.
Routesetters create interesting, thought provoking challenges with the goal of teaching members something new and make them want to come back for more. Routesetters work both individually and as a team to fulfill the goals and assignments of the business.
ROUTESETTING AND MAINTENANCE:
- Set and/or strip 1-3 times per week
- Experiment with different setting styles, innovating and co-creating with the rest of the Team. Be mindful of the needs of children and new climbers while setting
- Take an active part in generating new ideas about how the Routesetting Department can differentiate itself
- Follow best practices for work area safety and follow all safety protocols
- Participate inspections of Routesetting equipment, PPE
- Ensure general maintenance of walls and work product
- Ensure all holds and volumes are appropriately bolted to the wall and/or set screwed in accordance to Bliss standards
- Ensure all routes and problems are set in a functionally creative manner that adheres to the Bliss standards
- Ensure all the workspaces are cleaned prior to being opened to the public
- Keep the hold room and other workspaces clean and organized
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Passion for the craft of routesetting
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to seek and accept, as well as give, critical feedback in a professional manner
- The mentality of a team player and the ability to follow directions
- A drive to grow professionally
- An understanding and ability to demonstrate climbing movement up to 5.11 and/or v5
- Ability to forerun lead routes, top rope routes, and boulder problems
- Ability to uphold Workplace safety and Work at Height practices and policies
- Keep up with the physical demands of the routesetting schedule/rotation
- Ability to lift 50lbs